Seeking Applicants to Run the SLYB Concession Stand
Updated Friday December 28, 2018 by SLYB.
SLYB is seeking qualified food professionals to operate the concession stand in 2019.
If interested, please submit your interest in writing to email@example.com by January 10, 2019. Your submission should include a brief summary of the following:
- Qualifications relating to the food industry and/or similar operations
- Draft proposed compensation structure (e.g., hourly, % of sales, % of income, etc.)
- Proposed organization structure and requirements of the SLYB Board (e.g., staffing, food/vendor ordering, etc.)
We will be in contact with interested, qualified providers to schedule meeting(s) to answer questions and visit the concession venue. After these discussions, we anticipate to short-list bidders to develop more formal agreements and make a selection accordingly.
- Letters of interest due (to firstname.lastname@example.org) - January 10, 2019
- Pre-bid meeting(s) on-site - week of January 14, 2019
- Formal discussions and proposals from short-listed providers - February 1, 2019
- Selection of provider by February 8, 2019
- Concession stand is required to be open when games are being played on multiple fields (manager may use discretion if only one game is being played or during practices)
- Dates - March 23 through September 29 (summer is sporadic based on tournament schedule)
- Times - Typically 5 pm to 9-10 pm on weeknights, 9 am - 9 pm Saturdays, 1 pm - 9 pm (for rainouts only) on Sunday
- Hot and cold water is available throughout the season (beginning in mid-March)
- Food equipment is available (including rapid fryer, popcorn machine, ice maker, and other traditional equipment)
- Concessions manager may or may not be required to provide staff for the operation
- Security cameras may be available
- A point-of-sale system can be made available